Friday, May 24, 2013

These little people.

There are these little people in my life, and I tend to blame things on them, things like;
"they are the reason I never blog, every time I sit down to type two of them literally climb up on my lap and or back."
OR
"they are the reason I never exercise, every time I do downward dog they go in the tunnel, and every time I try to swan they lay on my back, if I try to do Pilates they climb in my boat and beat down my hundreds."
OR
"They are the reason I never exercise, every time I get in a groove someone gets sick and throws off the whole schedule again."

Really and truly they are the reason for many of the things I do, or at the very least the manner in which I do them, but lately I have been forgetting the other part of it.

Mothers Day reminded me of some other things,
Amalia is the reason I smiled during church, when asked what special thing she did for her mom she answered "We boughted her a leotard."

A.J. is the reason I smile and giggle at bedtime, because he loves to squeeze my earlobes.

Nina is the reason I stop doing "Things I have to do." because she literally gets in my face and says things like "Mom I really just want to something that is fun with you" or When can you ever teach me a new song on the piano" or "Mom, watch me spin/dance/pose/stand on my head with no hands!"

Liana is the reason I look around and say Where is she? and then go looking for her only to find her playing with the smallest of toys, using the greatest intensity, to achieve the most fun, in the quietest of ways.

Ella is the reason that i take a breath and remember how fast it is all going, how she used to be tiny and now she is big, but only halfway to the big she is going to be. She is also the reason I take note of these tiny people who change so quickly but remain so much the same, she is still the same little girl who got mad at herself for not perfecting things on the first try, and the same little girl who went back to perfect her frustrating task after she said she was going to give up.

I forget so many things, it's good to remember the reasons for my life, I am here on this earth to become a better person, to become more like Christ, I am here to be Eddie's partner, I am here to be my children's mother.

If I remember the reasons for my life, it makes it easier to forget that I am tired..




No comments: