It has been over 6 months since the twins were born, even 6 months since we brought them home, and I am almost feeling normal, or at least the new normal. I thought I would share some things I have noticed,
My house isn't as clean as I would like it to be.
I am not as organised as I would like to be.
I don't sleep as much as I would like.
My kids and I yell at each other more than I would like.
I miss my husband more now that he is working nights.
I miss my parents because they were just here for a visit and now they are gone.
I miss my siblings because they all live so far away.
I am taking all of my children to the doctors for physicals next week and the older ones to the dentist the following week, co-pays and waiting room time will take years off my life.
I enjoy cooking but detest figuring out what to cook each night.
I would like to have menus all planned out, but I have been thinking that for years now....
I could go on, but I have already noticed that every complaint I have is a result of a huge blessing in my life, I have this great house full of beautiful things, a healthy family and extended family, a husband who works hard and provides for all our needs. I even have a freezer and refrigerator, close access to a grocery store, and children who eat vegetables, sometimes even happily.
I'm going to go be appreciative for a while
- although I would be even more appreciative if someone would tell me what to make for dinner tonight.
2 comments:
Sometimes I feel a little crazy with just my 3! You are a WONDERFUL mother!!! I can't wait to see the twins soon! Thanks for coming down for Paige's B-Day Party. That meant a lot to us!
Sorry I'm so late, but this is a popular site around here. www.melskitchencafe.com
Post a Comment