Monday, May 24, 2010

Done and Done and Done!

Yes I know I haven't posted for a while and have neglected to catalog the older children and their activities. I am here to make amends

Nina has realized that the babies are here to stay and she is no longer automatically the center of attention! As such, and as she is 2 1/2 years old she has a new strategy in life, if the attention doesn't come to you, go get the attention! She likes to do tricks like somersaults and the splits, she likes to pretend that she is a baby, which entails not using any words, but sticking out her tongue and grunting and pointing at things she wants! She also loves to sing and has a tremendous vibrato that she like to insert at odd times.

Liana
is ready to graduate PreSchool next week, she has started to read, putting letters together in her mind and piping up periodically with questions like "does F.A.N. spell fan?" She is registered for Kindergarten and excited to get there and really start learning!

Ella just finished her last day of First Grade! I can't believe how fast the school year went! Speaking of reading, Ella has turned into a voracious reader and is currently reading the Laura Ingalls Wilder books in the "Little House on the Prairie" series.
Last Saturday was the annual dance recital where Ella and Liana both did wonderfully. Nina sat on the edge of her seat the whole time eating animal crackers, watching each number intently, and repeating her mantra, "I go my dance class when I be 4!" Amalia slept through the entire show! A.J. was his usual affable self, requiring only a bottle and a diaper change to keep him happy. In all it was a lovely recital and the shine light of accomplishment shining in Ella and Liana affirmed that it was time and money well spent. Eddie topped the evening off by buying the dancers some soft tacos for a post recital snack.
I'm gonna go ahead and post now, but before I go I had better add that A.J. and Amalia have both mastered the art of rolling over from back to tummy!
Of course they usually top it off by spitting up and smashing their faces in it, gotta work on rolling back to their backs!

2 comments:

Christie said...

Wow, the twins are growing fast. Love that picture of Amalia. Such a big smile.

Mandy said...

definitely a step up from "nothing" So fun to hear about all of the kids. Love you!