Ella memorized her part and the words to all the songs, and sang loud and clear at the appropriate times. Liana not only did her part but valiantly stepped up two more times when other children didn't show up. (because they were sick, something else to be grateful for, we were better in time for the program) I thought Nina might be problematic, when I was getting things set up before the meeting started Nina was whining and not letting Eddie comfort her, but just before I needed to lead Liana's class up to the choir loft Nina decided to take her bag of goldfish and sit quietly with her Auntie "Cessa" who we have adopted as our family. (Thank you for adopted family who step in when needed.)9- NINA - Our little Nina turned 2 on the 9th, and never has a child been so ready for her birthday, she has been talking for weeks about her Grandpa coming for her birthday and how she wants to have a tea party with him. Of course her translation is "My Bampa a comeen my irthay peapot party!" When I went to get her in the morning (she likes to lounge) her first words of the day were "I low a tannel" which of course means "I want to blow out candles" So she had candles in her corn muffin and delightedly sang happy birthday songs to her little self all day long!

Her Grandpa did indeed come for her birthday, though bless his heart my father's plane didn't land until 10 and he wasn't offended that we had a shuttle bring him from LAX and he didn't get here till after midnight. I love my Dad.
10 - I'ts 5:00 in the morning as I type this, and I am sure by the end of the day there will be several more things I am grateful for, but today, I am grateful for our new home, which is due to be completed this Friday, today we are doing a walk-through inspection and signing the loan documents, so I am grateful for the house I will raise my family in. I am also grateful for friends who will take Liana to story time so she doesn't have to miss it, and for my aforementioned Father who will keep Nina occupied and help me pack boxes this afternoon and do whatever else he can before he hops on another plane on Thursday to take him home to HK.
1 comment:
so glad you have gratitude and that you don't have to be moving and on bedrest at the same time. Enjoy dad...guess you are the layover for the conference this time. it is short, but sweet. okay, if you're going to mention your belly this often...post a pic of how big you truly are :) oh- here's another thing to be grateful for...you don't have to be the ferguson girl having 9 lb babies like your sisters...that would be 18 lbs and not everyone is as strong as denny when she did it! We pray every day that your babies will grow strong and healthy and A just prays that you will have your babies...we'll try to hold him off :)
love you!!!
mary
Post a Comment