Sunday, October 11, 2009

Things my children will eat.

In the spirit of things I know something about, I am returning to the photographic essay style to illustrate some of the kinds of things I know my children will eat. There are of course a plethora of things they will not even touch, but please enjoy the following;

Ice cream, regardless of flavor, ice cream will be consumed if given the chance, it is best enjoyed dripping down the chin, or creating a clown make-up effect around the whole mouth.


Biter biscuits and graham crackers, - actually I can't certify that they ingest any of it, but they will put it in their mouths until a paste is produced, said paste will then be spread on clothing, dark clothing is preferable, you will think you have washed it all out until the clothing is dry at which time you will realize the paste will never really be gone.

Toys

My children will eat rice, I don't know if it is their blood or just because it will stick to their fingers until they lick it off, but all my children will eat rice.

Chocolate chips, but don't count on putting them into other things under the thought that they will eat the whole pancake etc., oh no, they are adept at picking out the chip only and getting it everywhere.

Noodles, again, possibly a genetic trait, but my mother says I used to slurp up long noodles in one breath too.


Olives on their fingers, my side of the family sees this as normal and regularly uses up a #10 can at a family gathering, but elsewhere in the world apparently this is bizarre. My girls like to load up all their fingers and eat them one at a time.
Stuff that many adults can't handle, here Nina is enjoying a dried cuttlefish snack (a small squid) Ella has loved flamin hot Cheetos since she was a year old.

Things their siblings feed them, here Ella thought it would be fun if she were "a farmer, and Liana was my little chick-chick who likes yogurt." -I should point out that I had tried many times that week to feed Liana yogurt, but was spurned, apparently high chairs and bibs change the flavor.

Things their siblings give them while naked. Yes it's true, otter pops were too cold for her until Ella stripped down and shared.

Things eaten on a picnic blanket, never underestimate the power of a change of scenery, also don't count on it lasting too long.

Things grown in their own garden
Things covered in technicolor frosting


Chicken products swimming in a sea of ranch dressing - I'd expound but it makes me gag
Also, not pictured, if you want someone under the age of 2 to eat something, hide it on the floor behind the foot of a kitchen table, or try to eat it without letting them see it. CAUTION, all children can hear candy wrappers from anywhere in the house.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

My girls love the olives on their fingers, too! I have found I have to eat lunch (or any goody that I am craving) when everyone is napping so I can actually eat it without sharing half of it.

Will said...

Yes, I swear our little girl leaves stuff on the ground on purpose so that she can have the joy of discovering it later also.