First, we announced to our family and now announce to the world that we are expecting our 4th child, due in mid-January (This means that as you read the following you may freely infer that I enjoyed all of the following with a side of nausea and over-sensitive gag reflex.)
We went to the LA Zoo,

We had lunch with a friend from college who I haven't seen in years,
We started the library "Summer Reading Program." enjoyed summer family film festival movies and played at the park.We packed for my side of the family's Bi-annual Reunion in historic Massachusetts.

We flew round-trip on airplanes with 3 children for a cumulative total of 12 hours air time plus another few hours in the airports. - Just a friendly reminder for those of you planning to fly with children, Southwest has good ticket prices, but no TVs!

We spent a couple of days with my sister and her beautiful family, in their beautiful home!

We visited the Minuteman National Park
and walked the "Battle Trail" to the spot where Paul Revere was arrested after his "Midnight Ride". 
We spent a week in the Berkshire Mountains with my parents, all 6 siblings and their families,
where we spent much time catching up with cousins,
swimming, eating, beading necklaces, watching videos, sampling local produce, and even managed a museum where we dug up dinosaur bones, saw some very bizarre frogs, and pet some starfish and horseshoe crabs.
We came home to an over-heated house, over-run with ants, and brought with us a fever for Nina, which she has passed to Ella, who has passed it to Liana.
So in all, it has been a stellar summer, one that we will remember all our lives, and we still have 3 weeks till school starts again! - Just enough time for us to harvest the corn and for Ella to take swim classes!
6 comments:
Wow! Congrats on many things...first the upcoming baby - wahoo!! second the fun summer - I am so happy to hear about all you're doing and the fun your family is having! I am sorry about the sickness though. I'll be in Anaheim the end of September...will you be able to play?
It's me - Shawnda (not Bradley).
Busy guys. Congrats on the baby. You guys sure do like having winter babies don't you! I'm excited for you. Glad you've have a fabulous summer with the unfortunate side affect of an upcoming blessed baby. Hope that passes soon.
Congratulations Mama! I'm so happy for the Au family. I had morning sickness for the whole 1st trimester with Truman and Presley so I can sympathize. Hope you continue to have an adventurous rest of the Summer! XO!!
I love picture number 3. Nina always comes out more asian in pictures. And then there is picture 4 with little grumps in the left corner.
Lovely lovely updates, Jannah! It sounds like it has been a good summer despite the sickness (both kinds - yikes on the fever one!), and I hope that the pregnancy sickness is soon gone as well!
Post a Comment