Saturday, March 8, 2008

old post new blog

I wrote this posting for my briefly lived MySpace blog, I still think it rather entertaining

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Mopping classes, starting now
This morning as I was waging another battle in the war against ANTS (A SoCal scourge) I was mopping my floor. And as I made the cursory sweeps of the mop Ella, age 4 1/2, observed as only a 4 year old would
"You are a really good mopping one Mom!"
"Thanks Ella." I answered sort of automatically, but since she stayed around to watch my technique I started paying more attention to getting every corner, every speck of debris or stain, and I was rewarded with the following;
"Maybe you could be a mopping teacher, Mom, and the ladies (a general term for women older than her babysitter and younger than her Grandma) - the ladies could drive there cars over here and park them at our house. And if any kids came they could just use our toy mop cuz it's a good one we got from Santa!"
"Mopping lessons huh? What would I teach them?"
"Oh, just mopping and stuff, and you could teach the kids to sing really good and you could make notes to cut up and give out and give each person the same notes, every single one!"
"Why would people come to mopping class?"
"Because then their kids could play upstairs in my room until it's time to come down and do the mopping."
I must admit, I'm seriously considering it, I mean aside from the time to converse with actual adults and the promise of children singing "really good", just think of how clean my floors would be! But hey! even if I don't make millions in the floor cleaning education industry, it's nice to know that even in the midst of tantrums and meltdowns, my four year old thinks I have something to offer the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh isn't it wonderful to know that your children think you have some sort of worth. It's those special moments that you truly cherish.

Dianna said...

I loved it the first time I read it, and it's still a great story. I'm still laughing at Ms. Nina's interview, though. I visit it every few days for some smiles. You got a pretty decent pile of love there yourself! (Now where's your photo of a child picking their nose? I may get it someday from Aidan for showing that one off).